If the current trend towards medical spas interests you, there are a variety of ways to approach a new business in this competitive arena. While many medical spa franchises tout easy, turnkey set up and high profit margins, the reality is often far from what is promised. Spa Advisors believes that teaming up with experienced medical professionals to create unique medical spa facilities is the best way to stay ahead of the competition. Medical spas are highly specialized business models with a myriad of distinctive design, staffing, and legal parameters.
For example, “Location, location, location”, is the key to the well-placed, high-traffic area day spa.
On the other hand, a medical spa, from which many clients emerge without their makeup or “just-coiffed” looks, may be better suited to a more discreet, yet easily accessible locale.
Do you need to hire a physician? Or can you get by with a “physician-supervised” medical tech administering services?
These are extremely sensitive issues that require sound decisions. Whether you wish to add medical spa components to your existing spa, or plan to embark on a new facility, our consulting services encompass the full array of previously outlined planning and development phases, as well as the following specific to medical spas:
- Identification of the appropriate location for your facility
- Collaboration with architectural team for overall facility and procedure room design
- Feasibility and Competitive Analysis Studies for medical spas
- Medical spa equipment and ever-changing technology: Lease and purchase analysis
- Development of menu of services, pricing, and series programs
- Collaboration on medical grade product procurement for services and retail elements
- Identification of local, state, and national medical spa regulations as they apply
- Guidelines and regulations for hiring medical and support staff
- Guidelines for liability issues
- Medical spa marketing strategies